August 31, 2011

Bienvenidos a Miami

Well, as you may have noticed, I did not get around to posting anything while I was in Miami. We can blame that on the fact that sunglare makes my iPhone basically useless poolside, which was where I spent a good portion of my weekend (although I did get in a nice 4 mile walk on the boardwalk/beach with one of the other girls).


But when I wasn't catching some rays*, I was enjoying the fantastic food and nightlife of Miami Beach. As per my usual restaurant pics, the light quality is somewhat lacking, but here is an assortment of some of the great meals I enjoyed during my 48 hour stay.

*Applying SPF 50 every 15 minutes while I lounged in a long-sleeved white cotton cover-up and a giant straw hat.

Lunch poolside - delish barley veggie burger. 
Sadly, the fruit cup included mango, which I can't eat.

The "Lychee Lite" - vodka, muddled lychee, white cranberry juice, mint, lime.

Edamame at Sushi Samba - sushi/Brazilian/Peruvian small plates fusion spot.
(And crazy flash lighting)

Miso-marinated Chilean sea bass with steamed veggies
Sushi Samba

Fun architecture break!

Fried plantains
David's Cafe

The LONG awaited pressed Cuban sandwich, with plantain chips
David's Cafe

A little cafe con leche for the road
David's Cafe

Garlic bread with amazing basil and olive oil dipping sauce
STK - steak house

A nice rose
STK

The filet I shared
STK

This whole group loved broccolini - we ordered two servings
STK

My plate! Too dark to tell, but my glorious filet, green beans, broccolini and truffle-parmesan frites
STK

Fantastic mini-donuts for the bachelorette
There was some fun sparkler action going on, but I didn't get a good picture

My plate, with some chocolate sauces.
STK

And an action shot with the bachelorette.
STK

Sunday brunch poolside - egg white frittata with asparagus, tomato, red onion and goat cheese with a side of home fries

And some lovely fresh fruit.

What an amazing and delicious weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment